Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Silver Bells.....A Christmas Mantle








Happy Holidays!! I am in full Christmas decoration mode around here. First up was my mantle. I had some inspiration for my mantle this year and it all started with this baby. I found this at G-Dub for $7.99:


It wasn't in horrible shape to begin with, but the color was too stark white. I felt it needed a softer touch, so I taped off all of the mirror panels (the back was glued on extremely tight) and gave it 2 coats of my favorite spray and distressed it a bit.



Here is the after, on my Christmas mantle:







I got the lighted silver garland from Costco in October if you can believe that! I knew it would be gone in a flash though so I grabbed it. The tall Santa, Silver Tree, Star Mirror and glass reindeer are from Home Goods and the two stocking holders are from Tar-jay. The "W" is a G-dub find for $1.00 that I spray painted Metallic silver.


Post is linked up here : Home Stories A to Z, Today's Creative Blog, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Someday Crafts

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Great job on this! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/12/anything-goes-linky-party.html. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully and cleverly done! Love the way you put it all together with the white lights. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete